GUEST TRAVEL INFORMATION: COVID-19 UPDATE
More than ever, your health and safety is our top priority. We are actively monitoring the news and changes in restrictions and recommendations from federal, state, county and local officials during the active COVID-19 pandemic. We are asking that our guests do the same and adhere to restrictions and recommendations while houseboating.
Shasta Marina at Packers Bay has implemented a Pandemic Preparedness Program that includes staff training of COVID-19 exposure awareness, control and prevention and protection measures. This program has added additional protections and safeguards to the health and safety of our staff and guests that require adjustments to our regular operating processes including: cleaning, check-in process, rental activity, check-out and cancellation policies and procedures. Staff will be observing proper social distancing in every engagement with our staff members as well as our guests. Please forgive our lack of hugs and other health and safety protections this season.
We believe that for the benefit of health and safety of all may require future changes to our policies and procedures in a moment’s notice. We ask that you refer to this page during this season, and in particular, immediately before you head to the marina to make sure that you have the latest and greatest information before booking or taking your trip.
Our Commitment to Cleanliness
We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously and are taking additional steps to ensure the safety of our guests and staff. Prior to each reservation departure, our houseboats are deep cleaned using the latest guidance to address a broad spectrum of viruses, including COVID-19, and include everything from handwashing hygiene and cleaning product specifications to cleaning procedures.
Examples of our updated cleaning procedures include:
Staff Health, Safety and Knowledge:
Each staff member has participated in the Pandemic Preparedness Program for COVID-19 prevention and work practice controls.
Cleaning Products and Protocols
Our hotels use cleaning products and protocols which are effective against viruses, including:
Houseboats: Houseboats are just like hotels and use cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean rooms after guests depart and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high-touch items including door knobs, tables, counters and dishes.
Public Spaces: We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, with a focus on the keypad area of the doc, common tables, public restrooms and even houseboat keys.
Work Space: In the spaces where associates work “behind the scenes,” hotels are increasing the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas like associate entrances, locker rooms, laundry rooms and staff offices.
1. Your trip host will call the office and confirm that your party is ready for boarding.
Only the host will go to the check-in window at the office. No entry will be allowed into the Marina office.
4. Purchases can be made at the Marina store during the onboarding time. Maximum occupancy of 2 shoppers at a time in the store, while maintaining proper social distancing.
Only one person from the traveling party enter the store during the on-boarding process.
2. A Shasta Marina staff member will be assigned to your boat and will assist with any on-boarding needs and review the on-boarding procedures for all houseboat guests.
5. Once all gear is onboard, the Shasta Marina crew will conduct the pre-launch safety briefing and update the houseboat travelers on all health and safety policies and procedures.
3. All other members of the party can on-board the boat with their gear, food and personal belongings onto the boat.
6. All guests on-board as quickly as possible and refrain from standing on the deck as to allow for other houseboats to onboard as quickly as possible, while maintaining social distancing.
As much as possible, we want to keep your experience on the lake as relaxing and “normal” as possible. However, there are a few changes that we have implemented.
The office will not be open to visitors. There is an office window for in-person conversations. Additionally our team can be reached by calling our office at 530.238.2284 during regular business hours. The after-hours contact information is posted in the guest binder inside each houseboat.
The gas pump at the dock will be “full service” for this season. A team member will pump the gas for you. Please contact the store for any fuel needs if a staff member is not present at the gas pump.
The store will be adhering to social distancing requirements, so a limited number of guests will be allowed in the store at any time. Please allow additional time for any store purchases.
Watercraft rentals are available during your trip. Reservations are recommended prior to your trip to ensure your desired watercraft equipment is available. However, at any time during your trip requests for additional watercraft rentals can be made by contacting the store. Every effort will be made to accommodate your request.
Shore docking and excursions
Social distancing on land is required on Shasta Lake at this time. Please maintain proper social distancing when docking on shore and when hiking on lake trails. If you can not properly socially distance at a minimum of 6 feet per person, please leave the area immediately.
Our check-out process will be similar to our on-boarding process. We will adhere to social distancing procedures. Your host will select a time to return to the marina and unload your boat. Boats will unload, one at time, during the assigned time. All traveling members need to be at the marina, ready to unload at this time. During this assigned time:
1. Your trip host (the one that is responsible for payment) will call the office and confirm that your party is ready for return to the marina and check-out.
The host, and only the host, will go to the window at the office and begin the check-out process. No entry will be allowed into the Marina office.
2. A Shasta Marina staff member will be assigned to your boat and will assist with any off-boarding needs.
3. All other members of the party can unload all personal belongings off of the boat.
4. It is requested that all guests on-board as quickly as possible and refrain from standing on the deck as to allow for other houseboats to load and unload as quickly as possible, while maintaining social distancing.
5. Once the boat is unloaded and ready for final check-out walk-through, the host will return to the office to complete the check-out process.
Updated April 28, 2020