GUEST INFORMATION: COVID-19
More than ever, your health and safety is our top priority. We are actively monitoring the news and changes in restrictions and recommendations from federal, state, county and local officials during the active COVID-19 pandemic. We are asking that our guests do the same and adhere to restrictions and recommendations while houseboating.
Shasta Marina at Packers Bay has implemented a Pandemic Preparedness Program that includes staff training of COVID-19 exposure awareness, control and prevention and protection measures. This program has added additional protections and safeguards to the health and safety of our staff and guests that require adjustments to our regular operating processes including: cleaning, check-in process, rental activity, check-out and cancellation policies and procedures. Staff will be observing proper social distancing in every engagement with our staff members as well as our guests. Please forgive our lack of hugs and other health and safety protections this season.
We believe that for the benefit of health and safety of all may require future changes to our policies and procedures in a moment’s notice. We ask that you refer to this page during this season, and in particular, immediately before you head to the marina to make sure that you have the latest and greatest information before booking or taking your trip.
1. Please check-in window at the office. No entry will be allowed into the Marina office. Our team can also be reached by calling our office at 530.238.2284 during regular business hours.
3. Once all gear is onboard, the Shasta Marina crew will conduct the pre-launch safety briefing and update the houseboat travelers on all health and safety policies and procedures.
2. A Shasta Marina staff member will be assigned to your boat and will assist with any on-boarding needs and review the on-boarding procedures for all houseboat guests.
4. All guests on-board as quickly as possible and refrain from standing on the deck as to allow for other houseboats to onboard as quickly as possible, while maintaining social distancing.
Watercraft rentals are available during your trip. Reservations are recommended prior to your trip to ensure your desired watercraft equipment is available. However, at any time during your trip requests for additional watercraft rentals can be made by contacting the store. Every effort will be made to accommodate your request.
Our check-out process will be similar to our on-boarding process. We will adhere to social distancing procedures.
- Your trip host will call the office and confirm that your party is ready to return to the marina and check-out. The host, and only the host, will go to the window at the office and begin the check-out process. No entry will be allowed into the Marina office.
- A Shasta Marina staff member will be assigned to your boat and will assist with any off-boarding needs.
- All other members of the party can unload all personal belongings off of the boat.
- It is requested that all guests on-board as quickly as possible and refrain from standing on the deck as to allow for other houseboats to load and unload as quickly as possible, while maintaining social distancing.
- Once the boat is unloaded and ready for final check-out walk-through, the host will return to the office to complete the check-out process.