Getting here is easy. See our Google Map for detailed driving directions.
Shasta Marina at Packers Bay is located in the heart of Shasta Lake, 20 minutes north of Redding.
Directions — Northbound Interstate 5:
Take Interstate 5 North from Redding and drive about 15 miles to Exit 695 (O’Brien/Shasta Caverns Road). Turn left onto O’Brien Inlet Road. Continue under the freeway and turn left onto Interstate 5 South (there is no northbound exit), go two miles south to Exit 693 (Packers Bay Road). Turn right, then follow Packers Bay Road for two miles. Turn left as soon as you enter the public parking lot and follow the road to the marina entrance.
Directions — Southbound Interstate 5:
Take Interstate 5 South to Exit 693 (Packers Bay Road). Turn right onto Packers Bay Road, then follow Packers Bay Road for two miles. Turn left as soon as you enter the public parking lot and follow the road to the marina entrance.
Driving times from:
San Francisco: 4.5 hours
Sacramento: 3 hours
Los Angeles: 10 hours
Reno, Nevada: 4 hours
Portland, Oregon: 7 hours
- Do you allow pets?
- Is there a special operating license required for houseboating?
- What is the age requirement to rent a houseboat?
- Can ski boats be rented without a houseboat?
- Do you sell fishing supplies at the marina?
- Do you have adequate secure parking for vehicles at your marina?
- Do you have a launch ramp?
- Do you offer daily and weekly moorage?
- How far in advance do I need to make reservations?
To be sure to get the boat model and dates you want, you should make your reservations six months to a year in advance. The summer months are the most popular, so booking early is recommended. Our off seasons still supply marvelous weather–the lake is less crowded then and the prices are affordable. Because of the possibility of cancellations, we offer a waiting list–so don’t hesitate to inquire about any date. If you require very specific dates, we recommend booking 12 months in advance.
- Are there any other costs involved in renting a houseboat (i.e. taxes, insurances, or other fees)?
- What charges can be taken from my deposit?
- Do we need experience to drive a houseboat?
- Will my cell phone work at the lake?
- Do you allow customers to store gasoline-filled containers on board?
- Are campfires on Lake Shasta permitted?
- Are personal watercraft allowed on Lake Shasta?
- Are there restaurants on the lake?